Sunday, 12/18, first night — Sephardi-Mizrahi Hanukkah Gathering, BIJOCSM Network (4pm ET/1pm PT)
- Join us for a cozy candle-lighting on the first night of Hanukkah with our network for Black Jews, Indigenous Jews, Non-Black Jews of Color, Sephardim or Mizrahim. We will see each other, and offer ourselves some political grounding, spiritual nourishment, and connection — and light a candle together! This offering is for members of BIJOCSM communities only. First-timers are welcome! We will bring everyone in. See you there!
- To RSVP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, 12/19, second night — Donor briefing (7:30pm ET/4:30pm PT)
- Join us for a conversation with Beth Miller, JVP Action’s Political Director, and Eran Efrati, JVP’s Campaigns and Partnerships Director, on what the Israeli and U.S. election results mean for our work to end U.S. support for Israeli apartheid and what your role is as a pivotal member of this movement.This donor briefing is intended for JVP and JVPA major donors, but all supporters are welcome to attend. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to Ari Solomon at email@example.com.
- Register here.
Tuesday, 12/20, third night — JVP Student Network Candle Lighting/pre-fundraiser gathering (7:30pm ET/4:30pm PT)
- The JVP Student Network is excited to invite students to come to a Hanukkah gathering where we will start getting to know each other, light candles, and then head together (online) to JVP NY’s Pick Up the Torch! Hanukkah Celebration and Fundraiser. Please join us. This online gathering will be open to students only (from high school to grad students!).
- To RSVP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, 12/20, third night – JVP NYC’s fundraiser for Adalah Justice Project (8pm ET/5pm PT)
- JVP-NYC invites you to Pick Up the Torch! A Hanukkah Party benefiting the Palestinian organizing of the Adalah Justice Project. We’ll have comedy, burlesque and more in loving memory of the People’s Bubbie, and we’ll share lessons we’re learning about building multi-generational political communities. Bring your grief, gratitude, pride, and love — for Shatzi, for movement ancestors, for liberation. Hosted by Morgan Bassichis and Una Aya Osato, organized by JVP-NYC
- Register here
Wednesday, 12/21, fourth night — 4th night of Hanukkah Candle Lighting: Rededicating our Commitment to Ending Anti-Palestinian Racism (8pm ET/5pm PT)
- JVP Rabbis from Tzedek Chicago, Kol Tzedek (Philly), Hineinu (Baltimore), Mending Minyan (CT), and Tikkun Olam Havurah (Philly) invite you to rededicate the fourth night of Hanukkah to dismantling anti-Palestinian racism in the Jewish community in this interactive conversation and candlelighting ritual.
As we light the four Hanukkah candles we will highlight these four moral imperatives:
- Centering Palestinian voices, not ourselves;
- Decolonizing the Jewish relationship to the land of Palestine;
- Personally interrogating the way we dehumanize Palestinians;
- Interrupting anti-Palestinian racism.
Please join us as we rededicate ourselves to the sacred work of solidarity.
Thursday, 12/22, fifth night — Wrestling With Zionism: A Storytelling Workshop, Hanukkah edition (6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT)
- JVP’s Havurah Network invites you to come together for a special Wrestling with Zionism storytelling workshop, to light candles and rededicate your story to Judaism beyond Zionism and Palestinian liberation. Through writing, pair sharing, and other storytelling exercises, we’ll be creating a non-judgmental space to explore our relationship to Zionism, how it has affected our lives, and how we can work toward a world where all people, including Israelis and Palestinians, experience justice, freedom, equality, security, and self-determination.
- Register here
Thursday,12/22, fifth night, Rosh Chodesh Tevet Gathering + Oneg (party) (8:30pm ET/5:30pm PT)
- Each month the JVP Havurah Network holds a half hour virtual gathering to celebrate Rosh Chodesh — the new moon that marks the beginning of a new month on the Jewish Calendar, with creative exploration and connection to Palestinian solidarity. Join us in celebrating the new moon of Tevet, Hanukkah, and our flourishing Judaism Beyond Zionism community!
- RSVP to join this celebration, please email email@example.com