Rapid Response: Call your senators to oppose the nomination of Jeff Sessions to be the next Attorney General
Jeff Sessions has made a career of fighting against equal rights for women, people of color and LGBTQ people.
The Senate is expected to vote on Sessions later this week and, as of today, he has enough votes to pass.
Even if your senator already opposes Sessions – even if you already called about it – it is still crucial that they hear from you. Calls that support a good position they are already taking will help to strengthen their backbone for other fights against Trump.
Call the Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121.
Call one Senator and then the other.
If the line is busy or they are not answering, find your senator here: https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm and find a number for an in state office.
Here’s what you can say:
- I am a constituent calling to express strong opposition for the confirmation of Jeff Sessions as Attorney General.
- Sessions was rejected for a federal judgeship in 1986 for being too racist and has spent his career opposing voting rights.
- He has fought against equal rights for women, people of color, and LGBTQ people.
- Session’s voting record in the U.S. Senate is indicative of his disregard for many of the laws and programs for which he will be responsible for enforcing.
- Please strongly oppose Jeff Sessions for Attorney General.
We’ll send you crucial updates, educational resources, and varied strategic action opportunities for you and your communities.
Stay up to date on the most important news from Palestine and the Palestine solidarity movement, and receive action alerts and invitations to online events.